Tuesday, November 10, 2009

God Cares Honestly, Whole-Heartedly, and Absolutely About Everything In Your Life

(Eli's first time climbing up the stairs)

Sometimes I think that I have a lot of worries. We all do. But I tell you this much, nothing going on with me is more important that what's going on with Elijah. I can be working on finances and stressing out about what does and doesn't add up and Josh and call me from the other room saying "Jenna, look what Eli's doing!" And, I'm telling you now, everything is gone, and all that I can see and care about is Eli learning to put the toy basketball in his hoop. Or Eli is laughing because Daddy is using his shoe to kill a spider. I don't even care that there was a spider on the wall anymore. Even if I feel really busy at home trying to keep up with the tasks that never quit, namely dishes and laundry, it's all over and doesn't matter anymore if I hear a little voice say "Mama."

Our Heavenly Father is perfect and capable of perfect love. He knows what's going on in our lives, and nothing can be more important than when His children need Him. It just makes a lot more sense to me now that even with wars and terrible things going on in the world, that Heavenly Father still cares that I need help. It still matters to Him that I can't quite organize my life yet, and that Josh has tests and we need help. It doesn't matter how great or small, if it matters to us, then it matters to Him, and He wants us to let Him be a part of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment